Research and Development and Industrialization Application Project of 100000 tons/year Ionic Liquid Method Melamine High grade Packaging Film
In December 2019, the company signed a long-term strategic cooperation agreement with the Process Institute of the Chinese Academy of Sciences to research, develop and develop high-grade melamine films and mulching films by adopting the advanced ionic liquid method (dissolving prepolymers and polymers in ionic liquids to prepare membrane solutions).
The research and development of this project is led by Academician Zhang Suojiang of the Institute of Process of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dr. Zhang Xiangping, Dr. Nie Yi, and Dr. Zeng Shaojuan as deputy leaders, and led by 8 R&D personnel including Sun Yikai, to form a domestic top ionic liquid R&D and melamine fiber, high-end packaging R&D and application team. Chen Defu, General Manager of Shuntian Chemical Company, is the project leader, R&D Department, Technology Department The R&D team consisting of the heads of the equipment department and finance department will jointly establish a R&D team to jointly promote the research and development of this project. The project established a small test R&D platform in Zhengzhou Branch of the Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and a film pull test production line in Hengshui Branch.
Moreover, melamine has flame retardancy and insulation properties. If it is made into high-grade melamine film and used as agricultural film, it is of great significance for reducing fire accidents in agricultural production and ensuring the safety of people's lives and property.
This project uses melamine as the basic raw material, replacing the polyethylene raw material on the market. It is converted into a film with high-temperature resistance characteristics through ionic liquid preparation, chemical synthesis, raw material blending, and green film forming technology. After adjusting the process method, the production of packaging film and agricultural film can be achieved.
The high-grade melamine film prepared has flame retardant, insulating, and degradable functions. After successful research and development, the amount of melamine added is ≥ 50%, the limiting oxygen index (LOI) flame retardant performance is ≥ 25%, self extinguishing after ignition, and the film tensile load reaches 1.5N. It can be completely reduced within six months to one year. This process has advanced technology and is the first domestic research and development, with low raw material cost and green and environmentally friendly production process. It has the following advantages:
1. Adopting the latest ion liquid method green synthesis process technology developed by the Institute of Processes of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, the production process is environmentally friendly;
2. Melamine film has flame retardancy and high temperature resistance characteristics, with a usage temperature greater than 150 ℃ and no melting or shrinkage at 300 ℃;
3. Melamine film does not contain plasticizers, is non-toxic and harmless, and no additives leak out during use;
4. Melamine film has degradability and can be completely degraded within six months to one year, effectively solving the problem of soil pollution caused by residual plastic film.
5. Compared to traditional film production processes, melamine film has lower raw material consumption and can effectively reduce production costs, reduce farmers' planting costs, and improve market competitiveness.
The research and application project of melamine high-end packaging film is the first in China. Firstly, it can effectively develop melamine downstream products, expand the application market of melamine products, and solve the development problems of melamine industry downstream products. Secondly, it adopts advanced domestic ionic liquid spinning technology and degradable plastic film production technology to produce melamine film with flame retardant, insulation, and degradable high-quality performance, It can effectively replace polyethylene raw materials and reduce film production costs.